Amenities & Attractions
Foxford Cottages Rental
Foxford, County Mayo in the West of
Foxford is a warm, welcoming tourist town, internationally acclaimed as a haven for fishing enthusiasts and aspiring anglers alike!
Dove Cottage and Sheridan House are both ideally located adjacent to the River Moy, one of the most famous and prolific salmon fishing rivers in Europe.
Private and Association Water, Salmon and Trout fishing is available in the town and locally. Fishing for Wild Brown Trout, Salmon, Pike and Perch can also be arranged 6km away at Loughs Conn, Cullin, Derryhick and Levally.
Golf enthusiasts will enjoy Foxford's very central location in the golfing haven of counties Mayo and Sligo. There are many championship Golf Courses and Links within within a 6-40 mile radius of Foxford Cottages.
- Ballina - 18 hole parkland course close to Ballina Town
- Rosses Point - 18 Hole Links Course 8 km north west of Sligo town
- Enniscrone - 18 Hole Links Course, located 10km from Ballina
- Carne (Belmullet) - Mayo's premier links course just 2.5km from Belmullet
- Claremorris - a splendid new 18 hole Parkland Course
- Ballinrobe - 18 hole scenic parkland golf course
- Ballyhaunis - Hilly 9 hole course
- Castlebar - 18 hole parkland course
- Swinford - 9 hole parkland course
- Knock International Airport 35km
- Knock Marian Shrine is 30km from Foxford
- Mainline Railway station on Pontoon Road just 2km
- National Bus Route Stop in Foxford
- World renowned Foxford Woollen Mills & Visitor Centre with Jewellery Manufacturing and locally made crafts
- Pottery & Craft Shops
- Pubs with traditional Irish music
- Ballina Swimming Pool
- Hill Walking - The Foxford Way (an 86km marked trail)
- National Museum of Country Life just a 10 minute drive
- Hennigans Heritage Centre
- Painting & Cookery Schools in nearby Pontoon
- Enniscrone Seaweed Baths
- Beautiful beaches within 30 mins drive
Tel: + 353 (0) 94 925 6015